- Do you experience moments when you feel outside your body --- resulting from childhood trauma or PTSD?
- Do you walk through life feeling depressed, anxious or numb?
- Are you in a perpetual state of confusion and overwhelm?
- Are you constantly trying to think your way out of circumstances?
- Do you have a knowing there's more to life?
- Are you ready to dive in and live your life's purpose?
Despite the odds of growing up with crippling self-doubt, trauma and all its subsequent manifestations—PTSD and no connection to my body—my physical form moved, but my spirit and life force were either floating above my head or following slowly behind. My spirit had nowhere to land. Through my own self-discovery, I’ve received the grace of remembering who I really am: I am a Divine being. AND, I’ve been called to share the tips and tools I've found to help you get out of your head and into your body.
I know you can do it—live FULLY in your body, experiencing true joy, connection and ease. I know it in every fiber of my being!!!
It's my goal to help you see it for yourself, to know it as true as anything else in this world. I will do this by:
- Honoring your unique context and story
- Focusing on what is working
- Curating a relationship with your body
- Teaching bite size tips on grounding to stay present in your body
- Asking powerful questions
- Requesting self-commitments
- Following up on your commitments
- Acknowledging who you are
You're right where you're supposed to be; healing IS possible!!!
I carry a medicine bag of tools with me whenever going out. In it you'll find:
1. Vetiver root, an amazing essential oil ideal for those who dissociate and unground. I use doTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils. Internal use--place one drop in a glass of water. External use--rub on the bottom of the feet. Personally, I place it on my heart chakra.
This morning in meditation I heard "healing IS possible" as a meme to create for my business IG page. Then I thought how perfect it is for a blog. I believe and know healing IS possible through active love --- I’ve experienced it.
Resiliency is not a characteristic you either do or do not have. It's thoughts and actions that were learned and developed likely through surviving considerable emotional distress. The amazing-ness of it is anyone can hone in on this skill!
I held this dark and scary secret close to my heart. I shared it with no one! It wasn't until last year that the shame began to dissipate after I joined The Wilderness Walk. It was the power of being witnessed, while being held in a safe container, I could speak about it.
I'm not alone. You're NOT alone!! We're in this together. Are you ready to BE in the solution and take action? Let's stand hand-in-hand and rise up! Let's be the ONE voice of survivors! Let's show the world what we've got. AND damnit, we won't back down!!!
Why is coaching C-PTSD Survivors so important to me? Because I'm one!! Therapy did wonders for me! I'd gone to therapy for years and worked through a lot of tough shit--let's be honest, I'm still working through it. BUT, there came a point in time when I was ready to move forward, set some goals and LIVE life; that's when I found coaching.
I see you!
Yes Y-O-U, sitting there reading this blog on your smartphone feeling disconnected from others. It could be you're in a room full of strangers or even people you know. How is it you feel so lonely when there are so many around? You glance up and see some in conversation yet others sitting by themselves looking down at their phones. Or maybe you're sitting at home reading this on your laptop late at night wishing you had someone to share your time with. Instead, you just feel alone.
Forgetting today is Beltane - a time of fertility, planting and abundance, I awoke having a deep desire to go outside and dig with my bare hands into the soil of Mother Earth – to physically connect with her presence. As I sat outside sipping a cup of my favorite coffee I noticed my quaint flower garden had been taken over with weeds. It rained last night making the ground prime for release. I knew this was my chance. So my daughter and I gathered some gardening tools with a mission, for me it was to pull weeds and for her it was to dig for worms – she is my little animal rescuer.
I woke up this morning with a heaviness on my heart - like a gray cloud over my Spirit. I've tried asking my Self: What is this? Is there something I am avoiding? Some "thing" I need to do? A few ideas popped into my head. I've prayed. I've quieted my mind. I've dropped into my body to feel the sensations. But this "thing" is still there. So I decided to write about it.